For further assistance please contact the Homeowner’s HOPE Hotline at 1-888-995-HOPE (4673). The Homeowner’s HOPE Hotline provides free HUD-approved counseling and is available 24/7 in English and Spanish. Other languages are available by appointment. You can also find a HUD-approved housing counselor at www.hud.gov. These services are free.
THIS AND A BAG OF CHIPS MAY OR MAY NOT GET YOU ON THE SUBWAY, BUT IT SURE AS HELL WON'T HELP YOU GET YOUR LOAN MODIFIED.
- Beware of Foreclosure Rescue Scams. HELLO HOPE Hotline HAMP IS THE SCAM.
- Assistance from a HUD-approved housing counselor is FREE. Beware of anyone who asks you to pay a fee in exchange for counseling or a loan modification.AND MOST OF ALL BEWARE OF THE BANKS WHO CAN RACK UP JUNK FEES THAT WOULD SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR RICH UNCLE JOE!
- Beware of people who pressure you to sign papers immediately. OH WOULD THAT BE LIKE BANK OF AMERCIA WHO SAYS IF YOU DON'T GET THIS PAPERWORK BACK IN 24 HOURS YOUR MOD WILL BE DENIED. THEY FAIL TO MENTION THAT EVEN IF YOU DO GET YOUR PAPERWORK BACK WITHIN 24 HOURS YOUR LOAN WILL BE DENIED.
- Do not sign your deed over to anyone unless you are working directly with your mortgage lender to forgive your debt. THAT'S RIGHT DON'T GIVE YOUR DEED TO ANYONE, BECAUSE THE BANK WANTS IT.
- Never make a mortgage payment to anyone other than your mortgage lender without their approval.
- THAT'S RIGHT KEEP PAYING YOUR LENDER, BECAUSE THEY WANT AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE SO THAT WHEN THEY PADLOCK YOUR DOOR YOU WON'T HAVE A DIME TO GET AN APARTMENT. NO REASON IT JUST MAKES THEM HAPPY.
The HAMP Support Center SUPPORT MY ASS.
This e-mail and its attachments are proprietary and confidential, pre-decisional, not for publication, and contain Nonpublic Information under a Financial Agency Agreement with the U.S. Department of Treasury. If received in error, contact the sender and delete this e-mail and its attachments. Confidential treatment required.